Friday, April 09, 2010

The Mob

Yesterday, I was waiting for a bus at Serangoon Bus Interchange. The bus i was waiting for was 101, beside it was the queue for 315. There were people in both queues and quite a number of people gathered around the head of the queue. Bus 101 came and stopped in front of the queue. People in the queues started to make a move.

At this point of time, the people in the queue for 101 took a few steps and stopped. The door of the bus was open. The driver looked at them, the people looked back at him but nobody took any action. Everyone was standing still and I wondered what was happening. The driver looked behind and saw Bus 315 behind.

I knew something was amiss and made a run for it but I could not get to the bus at all. The people who were standing around apparently were all waiting for 315. Everyone was waiting for 315, including the people in the queue for 101. Can anyone please explain to me, if you're waiting for 315, why are you standing in the queue for 101? Moron.

They were sticking close to one another, so afraid of people getting past and to the front. These people exhibited good defending, good positional awareness and a never give up attitude. These people were ugly Singaporeans. They totally didn't take other people into consideration. If I was a football manager, I will get them to play as defenders. Their defending was so good even Messi would not have been able to get through. This was a water tight defence. Silvestre, please take note, it would be good if you learned to defend like that.

Before I know it, the driver closed the door and drove off. I made a run for it to the next bus stop. Luckily, luck was on my side this time and I got it. I am just sick to my stomach how people can be so inconsiderate.

This has been a very watered down and mellow account of what happened yesterday. If you're wondering whether I was exploding with expletives, the answer is YES. A certain Miss Sophie Lim heard the outburst and can testify to having heard me on the verge of exploding, or rather, exploded. So for all you ugly Singaporeans out there, please play nice unless you're looking to be crushed under a huge mass anytime soon.

No comments: