Sunday, April 11, 2010

The day I met 曾愷玹

曾愷玹
曾愷玹 again
曾愷玹's side profile. I really could not tell the difference.


Today was the day I met 曾愷玹.

Ok, maybe not her but someone who looks so similar that it just totally feels like her.

I was on a bus, minding my own business, wondering where in the world did my earphones disappeared to when SHE appeared. Yes. Her. Not S.H.E but 曾愷玹. The wind was knocked out of me before I was even able to react.

I had noticed her performances in 不能說的秘密 but what really caught my eye was her appearance in 周杰倫's 我不配 music video. People who karaoke with me often, meaning Wee Keat, Ee Suan, Junming can attest to me choosing this song all the time. I watch more of the music video and leave the singing to them. The scene where she's playing with Jay on the bed is mindblowing.

To see someone who is a splitting image of her is like watching her walk out of the television set and into real life. NO. I AM NOT COMPARING HER TO SADAKO. DON'T EVEN GO THERE. She was standing right in front of me, less than a metre away.
It was a very surreal experience. She had really big eyes with really long eyelashes and a mesmerising smile. How can someone be so perfect?

Well, she was perfect until I saw the guy next to her. I could accept a Jay or a Show, but Joe? She was looking into his eyes with so much love and affection that I was traumatised. I would really need to schedule a session with my psychaitrist soon. Somehow, the Average Joe always have ALL the luck.

This would be me suffering the classic symptoms of the I-REALLY-HAVE-NO-IDEA-WHAT-SHE-SEES-IN-HIM syndrome. Sophie tried explaining to me that in Elements of Social Applied Psychology, they explained this syndrome. Something along the lines where when a mismatch occurs, we detect it immediately. For me, the voice in my head just keeps going What The Fuck?!³. It's like how Neo is able to detect a Deja Vu in the Matrix so easily.

She got off in Sengkang. The bus stop she alighted at indicated she lived pretty close to my friend. So near and yet so many lightyears away. She left me wishing to Santa Claus/Easter Bunny/Tooth Fairy/财神爷/月老/My Fairy Godmother for the same luck Joe got. I promise to be a good kid for a very very very very long time.

All in all, I'm glad I got to see her. It will be the closest I will ever get to meeting someone like that. It was anything but a boring bus ride. Now, where did I place my earphones again?

1 comment:

iiiii said...

>[>[>[<[<|<<|<|√|√√||££||€|€|...|©©|©|®`...|[√√[[√[√%[[[&[&[>[<[<[<[>[>[>[>[>[>[π|π|¤|ππ|€[€[€√[√[√[√%[_[&[>>[>[<[<[&||&|>|>|>>|...|...|`|`|`|`|``|`|`|`|`|`|%[√[√√[√[_[&>[>[<|...|...|`|`|©©|©α™α©α®|®\|¤|ππ||π¥|£|£[£[££[√[√[[_[&[>[<[<[[€[|...™\