Thursday, July 02, 2009

Jerry's BBQ and Grill

Ever since I was posted to Seletar Camp in June 2005, I have always eyeballed this place everytime I passed by. Hidden at a small corner, it seemed to be able to just rely on its reputation to survive. So be it on the way to or fro from work, or out on work, it always looked like a must try.

Four years down the road, I finally tried it. The Jalan Kayu Branch.

Dinner with Mark was good. That would be because the company was good. It has been nearly a year since we met up, had dinner and just chatted. Sadly, the food was not as good as I had hoping for it to be. Service was terrible, if there was any service to begin with. The famous ribs were quite normal. Drinks were normal. Dessert, too, was normal. The only saving grace were the Buffalo Wings. Overall, it was a rather overpriced bill for a rather common experience. 40bucks per person should have gotten something better somewhere else. I should not have stepped in to this place at all. At least, I would have been left wanting and not have all hopes dissolved this way.

2 comments:

soph said...

you should try the fried/baked (not sure which) mushrooms!

and did you go for the chef challenge? i almost wanna rest my tongue on an ice block when i tried it :)

jiji said...

I saw it in the menu but it looked super expensive. Damm. I should have tried.

I don't really take spice on a regular basis so I took the least spicy ones, which I already got a kick from. I can't imagine what would happen if I tried the chef challenge.