Tuesday, June 17, 2003

I had just attended the Leadership Seminar by the Coaching Firm today. And I like this update to be more serious. I had learnt and caught a lot about leadership today. Those guys did a wonderful job. Compared to last year's Leadership Training Camp, I felt that I had learnt more this year even though the activities are more boring and less physically demanding. I guess I have to swallow those words with tomato sauce tomorrow. It is the legendary Bukit Timah hike led by the extraordinary ODAC. I wish my mindset is there and that I'll be able to stay focused all the way. Every single step.

I paid attention to the Council Elects today and the Council Facilitators. There was much potential in the Elects. They had more bonding and enthusiasm than us. Maybe not a lot, but still it was evident. Let's hope that the enthusiasm and bonding would last. The Faciliators, on the other hand, were much more different than our seniors. Maybe not as participating and vocal, but nonetheless, they still did a wonderful job.

One person who I really need to comment was Dennis. He was very different from Stanley even though they were both vice-presidents and were in charge of the discipline. Dennis was less bastard and nicer than Stanley. He had started off his group, the council group, on a very fine note. I guess he understood that there was no point in being a bastard if it served no purpose. Instead, he decided to set a tone for his group to match up and it was very encouraging. That is what sets Dennis apart from Stanley. Bravo.

The finale of the first day was the lesson taught to us that we would never leave anyone behind. Who can ever forget the pulling and thugging? For once in a very long time, I felt bonded to a very big group of people. That sounds so much like Lilo And Stich. Cliche, but true.
LEADERSHIP is INFLUENCE. A leader without followers is just a leader taking a walk in the park. How true is that? Very true.

flea... if ur readin dis... dun feel sad or despair... i've no idea wad gort to u... but i'm sure of one ting... n datz tingz wld get better... sho muz tahan... lyke wad we learnt... i wld neber leave you unattended in e battlefield if u gort shot... n i'm sure alot of pple ard u wun too... sho juz hang in dere n smile... nemo~

No comments: